Activewear is one of the most important pieces of clothing for any workout. It needs to be comfortable, keep you dry, and not restrict movement too much. This review looks at some activewear that will help you meet all those expectations.
Affordable gym clothes are a must have for anyone looking to workout. The Wave Sport & Fitness brand offers affordable activewear that is comfortable and stylish.
Are you tired of seeing the same boring black sportswear being promoted over and again? Wave Sport & Fitness is a boutique UK company with a mission to infuse your wardrobe with funk and energy.
For the last four months, I’ve been putting Wave Sport & Fitness yoga shorts and a cushioned sports bra through their paces to determine whether their performance and durability match their vibrant design. Continue reading for my complete assessment and a try-on video.
Wave Sport and Fitness is a women’s sportswear and swimwear business headquartered in the United Kingdom. The brand emphasizes sustainability by using the following strategies:
- using reclaimed materials
- selecting plastic substitutes
- collaborating with print-on-demand companies
Bright yoga bottoms and shirts with colorful and quirky designs are ideal.
Accreditations are still pending.
Bottoms start at 29.99 UK pounds (40 USD) and tops start at 23.99 UK pounds (33 USD).
International shipping is free of charge (customs and duties not included)
Are you in a hurry? Here’s what I think:
Wave Sport & Fitness activewear’s shorts and bra combination are a fantastic option for daring sporty ladies who want to stand out. They’ll not only make you appear stylish, but they’ll also keep you cool and fresh while you’re working up a sweat.
What I loved most was:
- There’s nothing more you could ask for from your sportswear than top-notch performance. Both the shorts and the bra are flexible, supportive, highly breathable, and odor-free.
- The fabric was able to withstand 4 months of exercises and numerous washings. The booty has a little peeling and a few of loose threads, but overall, I’d give these sportswear a solid 5.
- Bright designs – although I’m not a fan of bright patterns, I believe it’s wonderful that the company stands out from the competition by producing strong and unique styles.
What might be done better:
- I wish the inside pocket could be changed, and there were no tags on the clothes. These two apparently little details add to the bulkiness and decrease overall comfort.
- Wave Sport and Fitness is promoting itself as an environmentally friendly company. At the same time, my item arrived in a plastic bag, and there was no information about the brand’s sustainable policies on their website. Nobody is flawless, and it’s perfectly OK to have problems. Still, rather than simply making sustainability claims, I’d want to see the business explain their sustainability problems and how they’re conquering or intending to overcome them on their website. They also have a lot of fascinating tales to share and demonstrate, such as how they design their patterns and how they color their goods using natural ingredients.
There is a lot of room for improvement in terms of packaging.
On the Wave Sport and Fitness website, the business offers a variety of plastic alternatives for shipping and packing, including hemp and mushroom plastic (exciting!). As you might guess, my dissatisfaction was compounded when my purchase came in a standard plastic bag.
I even spoke with a representative from the company to check if I was being stupid and the packaging was really some kind of plastic replacement that looked like plastic.
Unfortunately, what seemed to be plastic turned out to be plastic. However, it seems that the firm is still working on the packaging. Here’s an example of an answer I got:
Design & Style: Bold & Creative, But There Are Some Issues
Pink Scream is the name of my yoga shorts and bra that I received as a gift. And, to be honest, the pattern lives true to its name. The colors are very vibrant and brilliant. You’ll adore it if you enjoy statement sportswear and want to stand out.
Wearing shorts and a shirt at the same time may be stressful for me since I’m more of a “simple no patterns activewear person.” Instead, to give a little quirky flare to my ensemble, I prefer to mix and match them with my calmer sports items. Furthermore, since the design contains so many colors, there are many color possibilities.
By the way, all designs are created in-house by the Wave Sport and Fitness team. Here’s what the brand representative had to say:
Wave Sport & Fitness also produces activewear items in colorful and unique hues if you’re searching for solid sportswear that isn’t dull.
Fun fact: All sports bras include a function that allows you to customize your fit. The color of the stitching that goes around the edge is up to you. You may choose between black and white.
On the back of every item of sportswear is a blue brand logo.
The Wave Sport and Fitness shorts include an inside pocket, which is always a welcome addition to yoga pants.
In these shorts, though, I’m not a big admirer of the pocket. Even when empty, it’s excessively big and has to be adjusted every time you put your shorts on. It produces an odd hump in your side when you fill it with keys and cash.
But there was one thing that bothered me more than an inside pocket: tags. You’ll have a leftover material rubbing into your sides if you cut the tags off. This, in turn, defeats the whole point of flatlock seams, which are intended to make clothing as comfortable as possible. Perhaps this is something the company can address in the future.
I inquired about the materials used to produce the brand’s vivid and colorful designs.
Fit: Slimming and supportive with just the right amount of compression
The Wave Sport & Fitness shorts are very high-waisted, which is just what I like. They cover the bottom of the belly and provide a considerable degree of tummy contouring. The shorts stay in place during vigorous activity thanks to an additional elastic on the top of the waistband. However, be aware that it may result in a muffin top.
The shorts have a thick front and back seam, which, in my view, flatters the back and emphasizes the booty.
These shorts are very brief. The inseam is approximately 7 cm/4 in, and they ride up like any other pair of athletic shorts. If the length of the dress concerns you, the company also sells capris and leggings.
The racerback design of the bra allows it to be worn as a casual top. The straps are a little twisted, so they sit tight to the body and there’s no uncomfortable fabric drooping during movement. That’s a very interesting and well-thought-out feature, in my opinion.
The coverage is excellent from both the front and the sides. Even though I have a nearly zero cup size, I believe the bra would provide enough support and coverage for bigger chest sizes. Furthermore, the bra has detachable padding cups that provide additional support and shaping.
The underband is a bit too tight for me. It didn’t loosen up as much as I anticipated over time (which is probably a good thing if we’re talking about durability), but if you’re in between bra sizes, I’d suggest going higher.
Buttery Soft Stretchiness for Comfort and Ease of Movement
Forget about Lulu’s nude sensations. Whether you’re jogging, practicing yoga, or squatting with a barrel, the Wave Sport and fitness items are extremely flexible and move with you.
I like the way the cloth feels on my skin. It’s so buttery soft that just wearing it is a kind of self-care!
Because of how comfy and attractive this outfit is, I’ve been working out in it a lot over the last several months. The bra was a little less comfortable than the shorts, but I think this is due to size. I went with my normal XS size, which tends to run a little big on me due to my flat chest. However, I kept thinking that I should’ve gone up to a size S.
The bra is still comfortable and flexible for a workout, but it’s not the kind of thing I’d wear for a lazy day on the sofa.
This sportswear is excellent for working out, but I wouldn’t wear it on a day off.
Performance: Excellent in every way
This brand delivers on its claims in terms of performance.
Both the shorts and the sports bra are very airy. It’s difficult to find sportswear that doesn’t feel suffocating when the weather rises over 30 degrees. I put the test to the test on some of the warmest summer days, and I never got too hot.
If you do break a sweat, don’t worry; the fabric is stain-resistant. It dries quickly and, more importantly, does not stink after many workouts.
I’ve used the set for yoga, weight lifting, and aerobic exercises. The bra is really supportive, and the shorts are quite flexible. In any of the motions, I’ve never felt limited.
You can squat, jump, and sprint in this sportswear and it will not stink.
A+ in terms of sturdiness
Over the course of four months, I put Wave Sport & Fitness apparel to the test. Because I try to work out every day, both the shorts and the bra have seen a lot of use and have been machine cleaned many times.
In terms of durability, here’s what’s happened:
- There is no color bleeding or fading! This surprised me since I expected the colorful design to bleed and wash away as soon as I took it out of the box.
- The cloth is still as soft as it was the first day.
- Outstanding shape retention. Because my previous washing machine didn’t have a 30 degree option, I always washed the set at 40 degrees instead of 30. However, it did not create any sagging, indicating that the cloth is of good quality. I do suggest, however, that you follow all of the cleaning recommendations to ensure that your things last as long as possible.
- Small pills began to develop on the booty, most likely as a result of all the sitting and rubbing against various surfaces. Surprisingly, no pills can be seen on the inside seams.
- Both the shorts and the bra have a handful of loose threads. From the start, the stitching wasn’t great, with some stitches being uneven or revealing loose threads.
The shorts had pills on them.
Wash your Wave Sport & Fitness set inside out and hang dry instead of using the dryer to get the most out of it. Remember to use a Guppyfriend bag to avoid microfiber from entering the waterways.
Wave Sport & Fitness has a wide variety of sizes, which isn’t usually the case with athletic companies. Leggings are available in sizes up to 6 XL, sports bras are available in sizes up to 2XL, and swimwear is available in sizes up to 3XL.
Because all dimensions are provided in inches and centimeters, finding your size for short and long bottoms is very simple.
Bras, on the other hand, are a little more difficult. You’ll need to discover the appropriate fit depending on your bra and cup size after you’ve opened the sizing guide. Which would probably not be an issue if all bras in the world used the same size. Unfortunately, a 34 bra size from one manufacturer may not fit the same as a 34 bra size from another brand.
I imagine that including precise dimensions in centimeters and inches would make selecting the correct size a lot simpler.
I’d suggest going up a size in your bra if you’re in between sizes.
Final Verdict: Bold Yogis Will Love This Durable Funky Activewear
If you: – want to stand out and are tired of your black leggings – want top-notch performance items that move and stretch with you, Wave Sport & Fitness gear is for you.
Keep searching if you’re seeking for sportswear that can also be worn as loungewear.
- cute workout sets
- plus size activewear sets
- cute workout tops